ravenheat ls100 boiler not lighting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i bought a b&q special ravenheat ls 100 about a year ago..big mistake iknow. had a few problems already but managed to solve them .but now i am stuck .the pcb packed in and so replaced it ,the boiler goes through the motions of pump and fan running but does not light .the ignition doesent even try to spark and eventually comes up with failure light.
the gas valve does not seem to be opening to let any gas through is this because the ignition isnot working properly or is the ignition not working because there is no gas coming through.....ohh errr my head hurts

any help appreciated ;) :confused:

Sponsored Links
Are you hearig th spark for ignition? If not then I suspect an APS.

If this boiler was only fitted a year ago and you are in the UK, then you are very naughty.

As there is no spark, then it will be muck in the fan venturi or as dan says the aps packed in. The ignition sequence won't start until the pcb has been told the fan is working.

there is no spark. and i have to ask what is an aps....
i bought this marvilous boiler from the local b&q last september

Sponsored Links
Air pressure switch.

As it is under 12 months old, call in manufacturers on a warranty visit.

sounds like a similar problem to mine. can the air pressure switch work intermittently? could a lower water pressure cause it to stop working?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back