hotpoint aquarius 1200 mains filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help me obtain the wiring diagram for the mains filter/suppressor for a hotpoint aquarius 1200 - I've had to replace the original one but I'm unsure where the 4 wires fit back onto the unit

many thanks

Adrienne

Sponsored Links
adrian3452 said:
assuhors said:
are the terminals on the suppressor numbered?

Yes - 1,2,3 and 4 - just dont know which wires go to which number as the filter blew up !!!!and the terminals were disconneted

best regards

A

Also - does anyone have a hotpoint aquarius 1200 that would mind having a look in the back of to see which wires (colour) go to each terminal - the filter looks like an aluminium cylinder about 5 '' long and is located at the top left (looking from the rear of the machine) secured by a nut veritically mounted with the wires feeding into the top.

Many thanks

A

Sponsored Links
the terminal number 1 is the live in, 3 is live out, 2 is neutral in and 4 is neutral out.

assuhors said:
the terminal number 1 is the live in, 3 is live out, 2 is neutral in and 4 is neutral out.

Excellent - the machine is working fine (fingers crossed!) do you know if there could have been a reason for the filter to blow other than being faulty ?

best regards

Adrian

the suppressors fail for no reason,if you leave the machine switched on at the socket the suppressor is live all the time and can fail even if the machine is not being used.

I have the same problem on my Hotpoint WM54 but there are no numbers on the suppressor. It is a similar sounding part with four blade connectors arranged in pairs, one side of the the cylinder is marked N the other L.

The old part blew and took the wires off, in the old part I can see two of the blade connectors are joined by a small capacitor.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

brown is live ,blue netrual , 2 on each that means 2 brown 2 blue.

Thanks for the reply.

Is there a pattern to which is live in and out, neutral in and out ?

there is one connecter near a marked N the other L on the opposite side of the cylinder.

The two other connectors between N and L are connected by what looks like a small capacitor

The part that goes from the neutral to the live on the capacitor is usually a resisitor and is used to discharge the capacitor.

hi the 1 2 3 4 for the connection on a mains supressor filter for a hotpoint is 1- live in brown
2- neutral blue
3- live out brown and green
4- neutral out blue and green
my washer dryer is working perfect now and i only got the part for £16 including free delivery from c & m domestic appliances online

I am converted to this forum. Found it by googling for this wiring diagram. Now I can confidently replace the suppressor at a cost of £20 when I feared I was looking at £400 min for a new machine. Many many thanks

I am having the same problem looks like i need to replace the suppressor would anyone know where i can get a procond elettronica 411612438 for my hotpoint i cant seem to find one on the net or any one that would fit my machine
any help would be appreciated thanks

Model number. Go by that not the make of the surpressor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back