Odd Sized door - and extra wood added

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Reading through various posts on odd sized doors whichis the problem i have. IVe got a carpenter coming to have a look at the work i need doing and i explained that one of the doors is not standard - 28 and just over a half - said he could cut down a 30in door but that that was a lot to cut off or dependent on if i was staining or painting i could buy a 27in door and add the extra bit - Ive had a 30 in door cut down before and dont liek the look of it as it does look slightly strange so was wondering if anyone out there in DIYnot(land) has done this and if you are happy with the results also has anyone just stained the door and if so was the added bit of wood noticeable?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

CJ

Sponsored Links
Hi freddymercurytwin ive already looked at this site - my doors are 75 inches (190.5cm) high and just over 28.5 inches (728.5cms) - although the length is too long i gather i could get away with the 726cm - mind you the door Im measuring was fitted very well so I guess when the carpenter comes in he might suggest the same as you - i hope.

Anyway thanks for the information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back