lawnmower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a mountfield petrol mower and would like to know if it runs on leaded or unleaded fuel. Any idea?

Sponsored Links
Bizarrely it doesn't seem say on their website, is it new? I'd be amazed if it needs leaded! Out of interest if it is leaded you'll have some grief trying to get any fuel, it is still available though not widely so you'd have to use LRP which is a bit scarce itself.

i know that (i looked) but the op could always ask them (specialy since no model number was posted :confused: )

Sponsored Links
I can't put my hand on the destruction booklet just now but, I've had petrol mowers for years and have only ever put unleaded in them.

it will be unleaded, all garden machinery is now manufactured as that.

Unleaded most likely. If you use leaded, it may damage the lawnmower.

The Difference between unleaded and leaded really comes down to the adatives in the fuel... lubricants etc....

However.... if you have a Leaded Petrol car, and run it on Unleaded... what difference does it make..... the only different is it will run hotter than normal....Nothing else... this is caused by the fuel burn / ignition.

Id be very tempted even if it was an old mower to give it a good service, Filters, plug etc... pretty much the same as youd do with a car... and throw in some unleaded....

Blue paper and stand back spring to mind here.....lol

I hope it isn't one of those B&Q Mountfield mowers, mine has shaken itself to pieces in the last two years since new. Bolts fall off all the time, a wheel fell off last week, regularly cokes up as it doesn't have a proper needle carb, only one of those cheap diaphragm types, and you can't adjust the mixture either. etc etc.

I've just been ringing around for a part for my mountfield mower, its over 30 years old. And was advised that mountfield ceased trading about 10 years ago and sold the name to an italian company. So a new mountfield is not the same as an old one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back