Adjusting Patio Doors ? - seem to have moved

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've noticed a room that we have patio doors in gets cold very quickly.

This morning i was standing next to the doors and felt the amount of outside noise i could hear was quite high, i ran my finger along the edge of the patio door frames and found the gap at the top to be somewhat wider than lower down the sides, almost as if the top of the door frames had moved outwards slightly.

This is a UPVC double glazed unit about 8 years old. I think the company who fitted them have gone bust so warranty is not an option.

I was wondering if there was a way to re-allign the doors so they are flush tight with the frame again ?

Obviously this would minimise any cold air getting in and improve the room temperature.

Thanks in advance,
Mike.

Sponsored Links
Open the door look at the side of the door at the bottom where the wheels are and you should see a screwdriver slot, turn clockwise to lift the door up and other way to lower, there will be one on the back wheel as well

Sorry Guys i've been a Lemon :oops:

The doors are French doors ie two opening glass doors inside a frame

Any advice much appreciated.

iF YOU GOT FLAG HINGES ON THE DOORS THIER ARE ALLENKEY HOLE5 TO ADJUST THEM IF THIS DOSE NOT WORK THEY MAY NEED TOE N HEELING WICH IS A WAY OF PACKING GLASS TO LIFT DOORS..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back