Advice Fitting a UPVC Front Door (removal from frame)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some help please with this door i purchased off ebay...

It is complete still in it's frame and with the step trim to go on the bottom. The problem i got is i cannot work out how to take the door out of the frame so i can get on with taking the old door and fitting this. Basically i thought i could detach the door from the hinges quite simply but i cannot work out how to do this. The door seems to have metal pins and there is a tiny hole top and bottom of the pin locations (see last photo) as if it's possible to put a small pointed tool into this recess and then pull or push the pin up and out but the pins go up about 10mm max and stops ? there are 2 allen key scews as well but after messing with these realised they are obviously for fine tuning the door position. If anyone can give advice it would really help i am totally lost with these hinges and cannot find them online (just the flagpole ones)

:eek:

//www.diynot.com/network/kennyken/albums/

Sponsored Links
I had to do this to a door like this, (it did take me ages to work out)
The pins need to be knocked out from underneath, you will need a parallel punch or a 4" nail with the point cut off.

What you do is place the punch under the hinge pin and 'push' the pin from underneath upwards. The door I done it on had very secure pins, it did take quite a bit of hammering, but they came out in the end. Do the centre one first.

Andy

Sponsored Links
damn i see. The door is already in now. Nightmare now to adjust the hinges as the door is not closing on the latch... I did manage to get it to close on the latch nicely but then it would not lock, now it locks okay but will not close on the latch. Spent all day adjusting the hinges in and out and cannot find where it's meant to be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back