Bi fold doors on a bay window?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Just bought a lovely Edwardian end of terrace over the weekend, needs lots of work but most exciting. There is a bay window in the dining room at the back, I want to fit bi-fold doors there, but every single picture I've seen of bi-fold doors, they are fitted on a flat wall. Is it possible to fit them in the shape of the bay window? Many thanks for replies.

Sponsored Links
Right, I get you. So not possible then! I guess I'd be better off getting double doors on the flat and then a single door on the angled one. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes but the roof would either need to be cantilevered or be suspended with ties back to the main house wall. Either of which would not be easy for an existing roof. If you had to rebuild the bay roof anyway then maybe it would be worth exploring.

It may be possible to have a column on the inside of the door track I guess, but I suspect that extensive alterations to the roof structure would need to be done for that and even then you'd end up with columns so what would be the point of that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back