Composite Door Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We had a new composite door and new windows installed in our porch about 3 months ago, but about a month ago we noticed that the door was catching on the frame when trying to close it.

To cut a long story short the installlers have been out twice (realigned the hinges once - which worked for about 3 days and then starting to catch again)

On the last visit they now think that the door frame has bowed on both sides which is causing the problem

Currently waiting for a manager to get back to us with a solution - we have already had to take 2 days off work for their visits and by the looks of things will have to take off more because they said they might flip the frame which might solve the problem because the frame will bow the other way

What would you insist for a solution? Would you ask for a refund or money back? or a longer guarantee?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
You want a new door and frame fitted as the one you have is not fit for purpose.

You have let them try to fix it twice.

Andy

Will they fit a new door as the problem is with the door frame?

Although most composite doors these days come within the door frame so they might have to?

They also said they need to check if they installed couplers? between the door frame and the windows next to the frame.

Let them fit a new frame and fit your old door, if anything is still wrong then it's up to them to fix.

Is the door in direct sunlight, south facing?

Andy

Sponsored Links
Not in direct sunlight but in warmer weather the problem gets worse - although its a problem even in the colder weather!

Its East facing

When they fitted it they should have left a 5mm gap (i think) between the door and frame and, the frame would have been screwed into the wall using 3-4 bolts, I would have thought it would be the hinges that are causing it to catch rather then the frame being bowed.

You should get your money back and buy a composite door from me.

The trades favourite doors for trade prices, (well priced just above lol) but i bet im still cheaper by far.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back