Door multi point locking system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with the locking of a mutipoint system.
When the handle is lifted each of the multipoint "latches" move easily and locate into their keeps without any trouble. However when I try to lock it the key turns most of the way but will not go fully to the required locking position. If I then pull the handle up hard and hold it there then the lock will turn and engage but with difficulty and with a click.
I have substituted the lock with another but this has not solved the problem.
A solution would be appreciated as the problem is the same when unlocking. I'm obviously concerned that I will not be able to lock or unlock the door on some futture occasion.

Sponsored Links
Take each "keep" off one at a time and try to lock the door.
When it works the last one off needs adjusting.

Or the cams worn in the lock.

But I would go for the "keeps" first.

Thanks for your help, guys.
The problem occurs even if I try to use the lock whilst the door is open. In other words when there are no keeps to enter. The lock will only work when the handle is pushed up extremely hard and kept up.
As I say I have tried a different eurocylinder.
Thanks for any further suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Take each "keep" off one at a time and try to lock the door.
When it works the last one off needs adjusting.

Or the cams worn in the lock.

But I would go for the "keeps" first.

The same problem occurs if I try to lock the door when it is open, so presumably it is not the alignment of the keeps. Have tried changing the eurocylinder. Would it therefore be the cams? and if so what is the next procedure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back