door won`t always lock on conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all The lock on conservatory door has been playing up, it use to be just winter with the cold but we had the door glass replace recently and now it`s all the time, i see there are some striker plates but need abit of guidess which to adjust i don`t want to make it worst then it is, so all advise welcomed,The handle is raised upwards to enable the door to be locked "when it doesnt stick" cheers mick :confused:

Sponsored Links
Because of the new glass, may need toe and heeling method, open the door and check if the lock is working first in the open position

hi masona, when i said it works fine i should have said it works when the door is open but same problem when the door is shut, cheers mick

Sponsored Links
Without seeing it, it's difficult but it's most likely because of the new glass the door could be slightly out of shape, is it catching or rubbing anywhere, might need toe and heeling method so you could ask the glazier to have a look for you again to make sure it's not the glass they have fitted, if it is then wouldn't take them long to do it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back