Dropped UPVC French door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, one side of some french doors have dropped about 5mm and you need to lift the door to close it. I've tried turning the two screws top and bottom to bring the top in and the bottom out, but there is no adjustment left on hinges to raise the door. Can someone confirm that its likely to require toeing and heeling to resolve and roughly how long this will take?

Sponsored Links
Hi, one side of some french doors have dropped about 5mm and you need to lift the door to close it. I've tried turning the two screws top and bottom to bring the top in and the bottom out, but there is no adjustment left on hinges to raise the door. Can someone confirm that its likely to require toeing and heeling to resolve and roughly how long this will take?
Sounds exactly like it needs toeing and heeling, someone that knows what they are doing should take between 5 mins to 30 mins depending on the type of beading and gasket.

I have measured the diagonal across the window and the distances are the same, so perhaps not a toe and heel problem. Not sure who put the door in, but 2 screws which should be holding the frame into the wall just pull out and whole frame has a fair bit of movement. Have packed frame out on bottom corner by about 4mm and the door just about clears the frame to close now. Is toe and heeling still the most likely cause or the drop or the whole frame having moved. The other door hangs fine. Any suggestions? And if I do need to remove the beading and rubber seal on the internal side, how does the beading come away from the door? Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back