gap between new door trim and plaster. Ideas needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have already posted this question on the forum under the plastering section and got an answer. I was hoping for another suggestion in this section. Basically had new uPVC arched front door installed and there is a large gap between the trim and the plaster and I was wondering what to do about the gap. The window company said its nothing to do with them, they wont help basically. here are some pictures thanks for any help you can offer.

Sponsored Links
They really should have made it good for you, I wouldn't be giving them any future work or recommendations.

Personally what I would do there is masking tape a neat line around the edge or the trim, Fill the gap with caulk, Neatly finger it round then gently brush on some paint and remove the tape all in one go.

It is quite a wide and deep gap so expect the caulk to shrink in a bit when it drys and may need doing a second time the next day to fill it back out.

Again with a hole that deep I would stay away from the cheap caulks, This is what I recommend http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wurth-Acr...469?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20c7bc8d95

This sealant shrinks less than any other I have tried and can be used inside or out, You may want 2 tubes.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
They should have fitted full depth trim and architrave to hide those gaps.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help. I bought the caulk and did it today looks so much better now. Needed 3 tubes in the end :D thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back