Help : UPVC Flag hinge compresson adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My double glazing doors leaks like hell, but open and close fine.

I think it just need the hinge side compression adjusted.

It's got 3 way flag hinges but i can't work out how to do this.
There seems to be a plastic cam with an Allen key slot, unfortunately this doesn't want to turn and I can't find any grub screws or anything that lock the plastic cam in place.

Here's a pic:-
flaghinge.jpg

Any ideas ?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Looks like you have the door off already so nice easy job.

There should be a line on the cam, Make a pencil mark on the hinge where it points to now.
If it wont turn then just knock it down and out. Have a look under it to see which way it needs to turn and then tap it back up and in. Set all 3 hinges the same.

Make sure you put the top caps on before you rehang the door as these are what stop them turning freely.

Many thanks Gazman 16 :D

Had a stinking cold on saturday night and ended up with a sickie from work today. felt a little better this afternoon so gave it a shot.

I had to tap the thing out and it was a bit fiddley to get it lined up correctly when refitting. But i belive it's worked great .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back