How can I adjust this door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen door has slipped a bit and there is now quite a significant gap at the top of the door.

Does anyone know how to adjust this?

Do I need to undo the following screw (or all 3 screws at the top, middle and bottom) and then lift the door up and re-tighten??

Many thanks for any help you can give me with this.

Cheers

John :D

Sponsored Links
Ideally the door would require toe and heeling, a simple job for a service engineer/double glazing doctor but can be mind boggling to someone with no experience.

But looking at your photos you have flag hinges and they do have a bit of adjustment within them, the screw you highlight just holds the front cover on, you can take it off and it'll show you how to adjust with allen keys, basically you need to bring the top of the door over towards the frame and with the bottom hinge do the opposite and move the door over to the locking side, use the centre hinge as the pivot and don't adjust.

Keep checking the door to see if it locks because you will be tilting the door over in the frame and it may affect how it locks, like i said its not the correct way, that being toe and heeling but it can work, generally hinge adjustment is just for fine tuning

also have you checked the hinges to see if they can be wound upwards if there is an allen key adjustment on the underside then try this aswell for vertical only adjustment may have a cover over the screw

Sponsored Links
Thanks Pinnacle,

I'll be having a go at adjusting the door on Saturday so will look into that.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers

John :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back