How do I stop my door leaking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Built a shed in the garden about 10 years ago, and obviously I didn't do a very good job!

It appears that every time it rains water is getting in around the door. I added one of those weather strip things to the bottom of the door a good few years ago, but that doesn't seem to have helped much.

The floor is 18mm plywood and has rotted through. I will be replacing that, but first I want to stop the water getting in.

Any ideas would be most welcome :)

Here's a couple of photos of the existing:

934f94fabe3d93909508cc7acc05611d.jpg

8d76939edbbed273cae8d5c11172a6fa.jpg

Sponsored Links
looks like water is being blown in underneath your weather drip and door,probably because you do not have a metal weather bar fitted,now either fit 1 or put a strip of timber down BUT you will have to rebate your door to allow this.

because its a shed it may be easier to lower the floor about 12mm in the front half off the doorway as it needs repairing anyway extent the floor to beyond the front off the building and add a slight slope so water drains and cant get trapped
and add 9mm to the bottom off the front half off the door to give a seal and stop the water getting blown under

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back