Patio Doors Have Dropped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Excuse the ignorance but I am a total DIY novice! :oops:
Patio doors arent closing properly, seems to be catching at the bottom when trying to close. I have read a few threads about 'toe and heeling' to correct - what is this? Can someone like me do this or is it best to call in someone who knows what they are doing? Doors have been in a while so doubt they under warranty

Sponsored Links
Sliding doors, I guess?
Have a look at the bottom of the door (end on) for a screwdriver hole (it could be plugged). Often enough, the wheels can be adjusted on their tracks by inserting a screwdriver in there and turning the adjustment screw.
John :)

Sorry John - I didnt really explain well; they are French door typey ones that open outward:)?:). I will give what you suggest a go later - there are little allen key type screws on the hinges which I've tighted and this has helped a little but there is still sufficient resistance when shutting the door for it to want sorting (kids back and forth from garden, etc)

Sponsored Links
Ah right, I see!
There should be limited adjustment on the hinge - usually only 3mm or thereabouts. What usually happens is that the hinge pin is eccentric, and that is locked by the allen screws on the side - the up and down movement is governed usually by a screw in the bottom.
Are you sure the doors have actually dropped, rather than just swollen?
A pic or two could help!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back