Removing Int D/G sealed unit Bead or Gasket first?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I`m about to replace the internally beaded window in the bottom panel of our front door with a plain insulated panel. I`ve got all the tools etc that i think i need but i`m unsure if its best to remove the internal black gasket first or the uPVC beading.
Any advice please?

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bump but i`ve got the first bead off and the gasted is attached to it so i think i`m ok.

If its internally beaded the nowadays it'll be a co-extruded bead (bead and gasket as one), the outer gasket will either be a sightline clip in gasket or co-extruded also, either way leave it in and just flick out the beads.

You may find the dgu you took out the bottom was packed in a way thats called 'toe and heeled', if so try and put it back the same way as this supports the door and stops it from sagging like a garden gate would if you removed the diagonal brace, if it was just sat on 2 packers on either side then its not being used as a support so its ok to refit fit it as it was

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back