Trickle Vent - how to add a small fan to them

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

apologies if i am not clear - but i am learning my way around the DIY world.

i have a small office where i keep a couple of PCs that run 24/7

in this office there is a UPVC (?) window that has a small rectangular Trickle vent.

This Trickle Vent has a flap that we can open and close.

but i would like to find a small enough fan to append to this opening so that air can be pulled out of this office.

i have tried to find something like this on the web but there is nothing readily available.

has anyone in here done something like this?

or would you have some pointer as to how i can get this done?

thanks,

Sponsored Links
Then it wouldn't be a trickle vent, better to get water cooled computers and pump it to where it would be useful...pinenot :)

thanks for the suggestion

but the problem will remain

that is the room would still have a lot of heat that would not be dissipated.

i have considered this option but i would end up spending money to have the same problem

so i need to find a fan that fit in this trickle vent hole

cheers

How about old PC CPU\GPU fans?

You can probably setup 3 of them in a row, power them from a spare PC PSU too.

Sponsored Links
i was looking at this option

it seems odd that there is no 'official' alternative for adding a fan to these vents..

but i will have to find some shop with old ones to buy as they are sort of 15 - 20 GBP
each

i suppose the problem would be to 'stick them on the window frame

but that will have to wait until i have the fans - to know the type of fixing i will have to invent.

Thanks for the suggestion

it seems odd that there is no 'official' alternative for adding a fan to these vents..
That's because it's a dumb idea, trickle vent is called that because of the small air flow, just put a proper air vent in wall.

How about fitting a bathroom fan in the ceiling? Maybe a bit too fast and noisy but not too difficult to slow it down to an acceptable level

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back