Triple glazing advice! Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm currently looking at getting new doors and windows!

One company, 1st Scenic have quoted me £4,9k for triple glazed rehau unit with uv rating of 0.8, French doors, rear door and composite door

Britelite have offered me £5k for I believe duraflex frame and 1.3 uv rating again with the doors etc

Has anyone had any dealings with these products or recommend which deal is best? Also any dealings with these companies would be good to hear on experiences?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Rehau all day long for me now, used to use Duraflex back in the late 90's though, never had any issues. I wouldn't be happy with just a 1 year guarantee on all moving parts, and whats with the "if you can't see a defect in the glass from 3m, its deemed acceptable?. Check out the hardware on the windows, companies may use the same profile Rehau, Veka, Kommerling, Eurocell etc, but they may all use different suppliers for handles, hinges etc.
No point having decent profile with Micky Mouse handles/hinges. I don't get why companies use suppliers with only a year guarantee??!!

I take it both prices are for 44mm triple glazing??

No I think the rehau is 44mm but the other one on duraflex is smaller!

Thank you for reply. I will ask the supplier re handles etc

Sponsored Links
Britelite do use duraflex, we used to use duraflex but moved to Kommerling. Never used rehau. Check that heavy duty hinges will be used or you may have issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back