UPVC Door handle . . .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My door has a handle and off set pad, I'm after a replacement and have been to B&Q and Wickes but can't Sean to find one. Does anyone know a shop I could go to to get one?

Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
I've been looking on a few sites and cant find mine listed.

I have a Lever/Pad set up offset with the pad a greated distance from the centre of the key hole.

My measurements are:

Lever to Key hole:- 68mm
Pad to key hole:- 90mm

Any advise where to buy would be greatly receiced!

Sponsored Links
I'm at a loose end with this. They all seam to be the other way round to mine.

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:22 pm Post Subject:

What do you mean exactly?

A:- The link alarm showed you has the handles that would fit on a door that opens on the right hand side,if you were looking at the door from outside(hinges would be on the left side of door)

B:Do you mean the pad side is higher that the lever side as the photos show it as pad lower than lever?

C:-The handles will fit either left or right hand opening...all you do is rotate handle 180 degrees.

Hope this helps.

Rob.

I've removed my handles and taken them to a local independent hardware store, and they have advised me that they are obsolete. The doors only 8 years old. They have said I may be able to change te gear box, any advise on this?

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:22 pm Post Subject:

What do you mean exactly?

A:- The link alarm showed you has the handles that would fit on a door that opens on the right hand side,if you were looking at the door from outside(hinges would be on the left side of door)

B:Do you mean the pad side is higher that the lever side as the photos show it as pad lower than lever?

C:-The handles will fit either left or right hand opening...all you do is rotate handle 180 degrees.

Hope this helps.

Rob.

B. yes the pad is higher than the lever.

Heres a few pictures - thanks for your help guys.

**EDIT: ON THE METAL STRIP IT SAYS BOWATER WINDOWS IF THIS HELPS?**

Just to recap... Outer pad doesnt open door without key and is a greater distance from keyhole

Inner handle opend door and is closer to key hole

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

Thanks for the links. That 70-92 would have been good but its obsolete. This this is the troublenive been having :(

I don't mind having levers as long as works the same and doesn't open from the outside

Only thing I can suggest after calling a m8 is the universal lever/lever.
( He has his own locksmiths shop, 48 yrs in the game and says no chance:( )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back