UPVC Door Hinge Adjustment problem or Faulty Installation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, im new to this message board, I was wondering if you guys could help me out or point me in the right direction? Its probably been covered a thousand times but I haven't come across any of the pictures like my hinges, or Ive missed them on a search of the forums.

Ive got cold air leaking from my upvc door ever since I moved in for 2 years, along with an old rad in a cold room my misses is on the war path for me to get this room warm!

I have looked at the hinges and tried figuring out how to adjust them. So I've uploaded some pictures of the hinge and the problems for you all to look at if you don't mind. Main problem of the door is that when i pull the handle up to lock mode the door should pull into the frame, mine doesn't. Its sitting out of the frame badly which is causing the air to pull through from the outside. Secondly the gaps around the door all seem to be different sizes. The door locks completely fine but just don't seem to fit in its frame all that good. If anyone could have a look at my pictures and shed a little light that would be great!

Thanks, Jamie

Sponsored Links
Jamie

The door looks like its come from http://www.door-stop.co.uk/
Contact them for any help

On the adjustment side of things you can move the door left and right from the Alan key slot in the middle of the hinge.
Move the door up from underneath the hinge
Move the door nearer/closer to the frame (as seen in last pic)

You also have3 keeps on the frame which can move in and out to suit.

For example.... To close the gap up on the bottom right hand, put an alan key in the bottom hinge and wind until that gap closes!
Don't round off the Alan key slot!!!!!!
Also check with a level, the door maybe twisted (not plumb upright) and may have to be re fitted to suit.
Failing that get a local fitter in to advise, worse case is it need to be refitted costing approx £80-£150
Good luck

Also look at the three point locking system on the lock stile and their respective keepers, they may have adjustments built in...pinenot :)

Sponsored Links
These doors work a dream if installed correct, you then have the adjustments for fine tuning, talk me through what and where the actual problem lies, I'll do my best to talk you through solving it
DH

And when they're thrown in all out of square, fixed, foamed, trimmed up to hell and sealed they are a nightmare to sort out without taking out and starting again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back