UPVC Door hinge adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new to the forum posting wise, but used this forum for the last few years to solve many a problem. I have just installed a upvc door and need to adjust the door hinges. Please see picture attached of my style of hinge. The door is catching and won't lock, i have toe n heeled the glass and it has improved but still won't lock properly. I can only use an allen key in the bottom but this just seems to bring the door off the frame or closer to it. How do i lift the door using the hinges?

Thanks
[/img]

Sponsored Links
If you toe and heal it that would normally solve it and is the best way to do it, looks like Allen key from bottom should lift it other than that take the door keeps off one at a time and try to lock it, when you found which one is the problem just lower it by a couple of millimetres

Thanks for your reply, thats the next problem trying to get the door keeps off. Any tips ive tried everything but they will not budge.

Sponsored Links
on these type of flag hinges if you open the door to get access to the hinge from the rear then you can get a screwdriver in the little recess and pop it off then the flag hinge covers should slide off the front face giving access to allen key adjustment for lateral movement then just slide the hinge covers back on the screws underneath will only lift the hinge eliptically so as it goes up it also goes in and out against the seal so if you keep winding it up it will raise the door hope this helps :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back