uPVC French Window Lock Sticking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The handle sticks after you have lifted it, when you try to push it down, whether or not you lock it with the key. The handle moves freely when the door is open.

I've tried adjusting the round slider latches, but to no effect. The only parts left are the hooks that pop out, but there seems to be no adjustment on their latches.

I've tried lubricating with silicone grease, but this only helps a little.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like part of the lock itself is left fouling the handle spindle, or it's over setting. Can you take the lock out? ...pinenot :)

Thanks pinenot.

I have contacted the lock manufacturer (Mila), who suggested that the hinges may need adjustment. I have adjusted the hinge horizontally, which helped a little, but the vertical adjustment screw underneath the hinge seems to be over painted and won't turn, so I'm a bit stuck. The handle does not stick now, but is still fairly stiff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back