UPVC window frame blanking options help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have removed the window panels and sections from what used to be an external (now internal) UPVC double glazed window frame.

I was wondering if anyone makes/supplies a blanking kit to cover the exposed mouldings so leaving a smooth finish to the inside surfaces of the frame where the window panels used to fit?
If not is there a relatively easy way of achieving a smooth finish to the inside of the frame preferably in white UPVC?

I am trying to keep the profile of the window frame a thin as possible which is why I am looking for options other than wood.

I am looking for a similar solution to a door frame now I have removed the door.

Thanks for looking,
Bern

Sponsored Links
Don't think there is anything on the market specifically designed for what yo wish to do. What might be a possibilty is to put the beads back in and just use standard upvc window trim, cut to size if needed, to fill/ cover the ribbing/moulding you can see. Others may have a better suggestion though...........

Ronnie,

I like the sound of blank window trim to cover the mouldings in the frame. I'll start Googling.

Thank you,
Bern

Just a thourght can u get plastic pipe cover with enuff depth ? I had a simlar issue were the u trim wasnt deep enuff do i just put cloaking board down either side

Sponsored Links
Bailey,

Plastic pipe cover sounds worth a try.
Do you mean the square shaped downpipe you can buy from places like Travis Perkins or some other stuff? If you have a link so I can see some that would be appreciated.

Bern

Bailey,

I prefer your double pipe cover.
It looks like there would be less cutting to be done and there is a Screwfix close to us.

Your help is very much appreciated,
Bern

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back