discontinued architrave 7 years old

ceg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi we redid all the architrave in this design and just had an extension done and need some more.. but i cant seem to find it! :(

any ideas on shape/name etc.. trawled google and cant seem to find anything...

i think it was bought from b&q (or focus) about 7/8 years ago.

thanks in advance for help
c
x

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I've made architraves and other mouldings by hand in the past for those times when it would prove uneconomical to have a short run machined. With a rebate plane and some sanding blocks it's possible to produce almost anything, that stuff of yours is easy enough.

Suggest you trace the outline, email some of your local suppliers and ask if they have similar/same in stock. You may have to accept similar as that profile ma have been unique to whoever stocked it at the time...pinenot :)

I've made architraves and other mouldings by hand in the past for those times when it would prove uneconomical to have a short run machined. With a rebate plane and some sanding blocks it's possible to produce almost anything, that stuff of yours is easy enough.

Yes, I've made various replacement mouldings that way in the past. I routed out the waste where possible in steps using a fairly small cutter and then planed and sanded to shape. Doesn't take that long really.

thanks everyone.. after a couple of visits to a some places this morning and a local small diy shop said he thought he had seen some in harlows, and thank goodness they had some!! its called "ovolo arch" in there! thanks all for the help xx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back