Door Handle / Soft wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I recently had a problem with damp and because of this the door is not holding the nails as well as it used to and I have to keep rescrewing the door handle back in

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I will be able to keep the screws in place? i have tried no more nails and screwing no holes with no joy

Kind regards

Sponsored Links
Depending on how big/damaged the holes are you can sometimes get away with filling the holes with wood, like matchsticks, and putting the screws back in.

Hi there
I recently had a problem with damp and because of this the door is not holding the nails as well as it used to and I have to keep rescrewing the door handle back in

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I will be able to keep the screws in place? i have tried no more nails and screwing no holes with no joy

Kind regards
Please clarify, screws or nails? Whats damp got to do with a loose door handle?

Sponsored Links
Get a handle with 'through-bolts' rather than screws.

My old house had these and to be honest I'm surprised they're not all like this. Much, much better way of fixing handles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back