Door lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a bit of advice on installing a door lining on an exterier wall.

The exterior wall [now inetrior due to an extension at the back] is 245mm thick. I need to build a frame to fit a standard size door as the opening currently has no liner and is too big. My problem is getting a bit of wood wide enough to fit. Door liners are not wide enough and I have enquired about getting a bit of pine cut to size but no one I have spoken to can cut a bit that wide. They seem to go up to about 220mm.

I am looking for options on what i can install and suggested thickness of door liner. Like I said previously I have to make the hole smaller so I can make the thickness up to a degree but is there a standard depth i should work to.

Sponsored Links
Lining does not need to be as wide as opening, narrow it with a timber frame and then fit a standard liner. :?:

line the opening with mdf,then install the d/lining inside it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back