Fixing metal track to angled ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to be lining my bathroom walls with a 25mm metal wall lining system. The system has a track at the bottom that is fixed to the floor and a track at the top that fixes to the ceiling. The metal studs then fit between the tracks at 600 centers.

The problem I have is that my ceiling where the track needs to be fitted is at a 45 degree angle (see pic) where I need it to be flat so the track is line with the track on the floor.

I therefore need to run or fix some kind of wood into the ceiling joists to make a flat surface but I'm not really sure what best way of doing this is or how to get the correct angle.

Any advice would be great

Sponsored Links
Just needs an angled fillet of timber fixed to the ceiling then fix the frame to that. If it is a perfect 45 degree angle then something like arris rail would do, cut down to suit the width of the framework.

You will need to take a fairly accurate measurement of the angle. If you don't have an angle finder tool then draw a plumb line vertically down from a point on the angled ceiling. Then take a piece of paper or card, A4 size or similar. Line one edge of the paper with the plumb line, touching the ceiling and fold the sheet to match the slope. Crease the paper to form a triangle so it fits exactly then you can measure the angle using a normal protractor - every home should have one!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back