Height of ignorance !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello people can any one please explain to me as I haven't the foggiest, why there are different sizes of worktop Jigs?? I see there are various,600, 700 and 900 ??

Now the worktop I have is 600mm but for what I need it will have to be cut to 400mm. What size of jig would I get ? Do I just get a 600 jig and are they able to cut a 400 join ??

Sorry stupid question but we all have to start some where

Dave

Sponsored Links
Correct, you would buy the biggest one your going to use (trade this is) and use it for any worktop up to this width, and it's not a stupid question, if you've not done it before...pinenot :)

Correct, you would buy the biggest one your going to use (trade this is) and use it for any worktop up to this width, and it's not a stupid question, if you've not done it before...pinenot :)

So I am guessing from what you say, that if I buy a 900 which I know is far to big for this job, then this is backward compatible and would mean that it could be used for this job (400mm) and also 600, 700 and 900 ??

Dave

Sponsored Links
Correct, although it will be a bit more cumbersome to set up, not use, as they all work the same...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back