Homebase Kitchen Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking for someone with experience of fitting kitchens to comment on my kind of odd question.

I have bought, but not yet received a homebase kitchen. The dimensions supplied indicate the floor cabinet is 565(d) and I have bought a 600w worktop. To me this seems I will have approx 30mm behind the cabinet assuming the worktop hangs over the front a little, say 5mm.

I've uploaded a picture as to what I believe is correct....

Does this look right to anyone?

The reason I am asking this is because I have a 40mm waste water pipe where the cabinet needs to go, therefore I am going to have great difficulty squeezing it in if I am correct on my installation.

Maybe someone has come across this issue before?

Thanks[/img]

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I am looking for someone with experience of fitting kitchens to comment on my kind of odd question.

I have bought, but not yet received a homebase kitchen. The dimensions supplied indicate the floor cabinet is 565(d) and I have bought a 600w worktop. To me this seems I will have approx 30mm behind the cabinet assuming the worktop hangs over the front a little, say 5mm.

I've uploaded a picture as to what I believe is correct....

Does this look right to anyone?

The reason I am asking this is because I have a 40mm waste water pipe where the cabinet needs to go, therefore I am going to have great difficulty squeezing it in if I am correct on my installation.

Maybe someone has come across this issue before?

Thanks[/img]

The base unit sides will fit tight to the wall but the back panel of the unit will leave a gap behind it of usually 60-70mm to allow for pipework. Once you get the delivery and make one up (assuming flat-pack) you'll see what I mean.

The unit is 565mm, plus door at approx 18-20mm, leaves an overhand for w/tops of 10-15mm.

Steve :)

The base unit sides will fit tight to the wall but the back panel of the unit will leave a gap behind it of usually 60-70mm to allow for pipework. Once you get the delivery and make one up (assuming flat-pack) you'll see what I mean.

The unit is 565mm, plus door at approx 18-20mm, leaves an overhand for w/tops of 10-15mm.

Steve :)

Ah, I understand :D

Thanks for clearing this one up Steve, very much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back