Oil For Kitchen Worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm trying to decide what oil to get for my wooden kitchen worktops

A friend has mentioned Unika from screwfix but I've also found Waterlox from googling things.

Can anyone advicse on which to go for. Also, how would you apply it?

I'm waiting on the units to arrive from Ikea. I've not seen them yet, only online but I was wanting the oak but that was out of stock so I've had to go for the lighter beech worktop. Would any of the oils make it slighly darker to get the oak look I was originally wanting?

Sponsored Links
you won't turn beech into oak but oil will make it darker ,liberon furniture oil I have tried and tested its easy to use and bullet proof finish it takes any amount of water and heat .the trick with application is not too much at a time and build the coats up and you'll get a finish that looks better than anything you've ever seen and tough as boots

do all the oils give it a slight varnished look or is there one that doens't have the shine with it?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back