paramount walls and narrow door linings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Posted a while ago about the walls but looking to start this and want to make sure it's done right. Im looking at reburbing a bedroom but will be going through the whole upstairs room by room.
Have paramount walls upstairs and looking to replace 65mm door lining so will need to be cut to size. I can either do this and still have the paramount wall I can can not put nothing onto.
Or option 2 is to strip back, add extra Studs, OSB board then 9.5mm pplasterboard to one side and plaster. 44mm studs + 18mm +9.5mm + 3mm =74.5mm

Now if I do this and buy a standard size 106mm door lining I would have a a bit of door lining protruding into the landing until I can add the osb board to the other side where in theory I will have a nice new wall, thats is probably more sound proof, stable and can actually stick things to.

However due to the shape of the landing would this be feasible.
I have 3 doors all adjoining with timber due to lack of space, and to make it all uniform I am going to have to use the osb board on all walls both sides. This would narrow the landing slightly but im more concerned about the doors joing up as new frames would be need. Is this possible in the short space available. Bit complicated I know.

The bedroom is the room on the right.
Toilet
Bathroom
Bathroom/bedroom

Any advice? Sorry if none of it makes sense!

Sponsored Links
Not meaning to be obtrusive, by is there a reason why you need to replace the existing door posts/linings? ...pinenot :)

Most are ok but in places have taking a good beating. Who ever had the house before us has left big hinge gaps. Metal locks embedded and painted over. The frame has cracked which I have screwed through to keep it together. Also lots of chips around the edges.

May just bite the bullet with the paramount wall and keep as they are.
Im looking at stripping the wood and using lots of wood filler to see how it comes out. Failing that replace the frame I guess

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back