Protective gloves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,
Just wondering if there is any sort of decent protective gloves out there that stop splinters and can prevent anything else from catching you. I mainly want them for when I'm either taking pallets apart of having to remove rusty nails from wood. Just not entirely sure what to look for! All I get on most selling sites is Airsoft gloves which aren't really up for the amount of work that would be done in them.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Hey guys,
Just wondering if there is any sort of decent protective gloves out there that stop splinters and can prevent anything else from catching you. I mainly want them for when I'm either taking pallets apart of having to remove rusty nails from wood. Just not entirely sure what to look for! All I get on most selling sites is Airsoft gloves which aren't really up for the amount of work that would be done in them.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Cheers!
Have never needed gloves for those type of jobs, the tools are the only thing that are in contact with the wood when dismantling pallets.

Some time ago the policy of the company that I was working for was mandatory wearing of gloves. Not always followed especially if doing anything fiddily but he ho . We were issued with a variety of gloves made by DuPont and generally they were quite good. When the first consignment arrived I and a site agent attacked some of them with Stanley knives and they were very hard to cut although they will wear through in use.
These aren't the actual gloves but they are similar and have the same ratings
http://www.safetysupplies.co.uk/trolleyed/6/20/

Sponsored Links
Perhaps not entirely on-topic, but it's worth getting your tetanus vaccination renewed every ten years. Received wisdom a long while back was that a tetanus jab was for life but they now reckon it should be renewed every ten years.

So, while the PPE may not protect you from all hazards at least (sorry!) all you should have to worry about is pain, rather than infection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back