Scribe plinth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am ashamed to ask this but I can not figure it out.

My plinths are 220mm (Ikea - yes yes I know I know) the plinth gap is varying around 150mm with an un-even floor.

How do I scribe in one go so that I get the correct scribe and height?

Find the lowest point say 140mm.
220 - 140 = 80mm, set a compass to 80mm then fit the plinth infront of cupboards level to the highest point, and scribe with compass set to 80mm?

Sponsored Links
You can cut to shortest dimension , the top is not seen as it sits back under unit , any gaps will allow ventilation.

I am ashamed to ask this but I can not figure it out.

My plinths are 220mm (Ikea - yes yes I know I know) the plinth gap is varying around 150mm with an un-even floor.

How do I scribe in one go so that I get the correct scribe and height?

Find the lowest point say 140mm.
220 - 140 = 80mm, set a compass to 80mm then fit the plinth infront of cupboards level to the highest point, and scribe with compass set to 80mm?

put the plinth on the floor in front of the base units make the top edge parallel with the bottom of base unit,use wedges to hold it at the right height, measure the distance you want it to drop to clear bottom of the base units,cut a block of wood the same dimention(say the end of a 2"x1") use that as ascribing block run that across the floor infront of the plinth with a pencil on top that will give you a perfect scribe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back