Stud wall head plate - made from two pieces?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm going to be building a stud wall over a 3.1m span in my living room.

From what I can see, it seems that all the studwork timber that you can buy comes in 2.4m lengths, so does it matter if I build the head plate out of two pieces of studwork wood? (2.4m + 0.7m) Or should it always be one continuous piece of wood?

I dont have the same problem with the sole plate, as there will be a door opening in the middle of the wall.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ahh,, are you perhaps thinking of purchasing the timber from one of the sheds?? (B&Q or Wickes) ?? Go to a timber merchants, you'll get the timber you need, in the lengths you need,,, and the quality of the timber will be a whole lot better. ;) ;) ;)

Ahh,, are you perhaps thinking of purchasing the timber from one of the sheds?? (B&Q or Wickes) ?? Go to a timber merchants, you'll get the timber you need, in the lengths you need,,, and the quality of the timber will be a whole lot better. ;) ;) ;)

There are places other than B&Q or Wickes??!! :mrgreen:

I see, I need to expand my horizons. Cheers!

Does not matter if the top and bottom have joins they are all screwed to floor and ceiling securely.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back