Which glue to attach wood to exterior wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which of the various adhesives available would be the best to glue a small wooden carving to an exterior painted wall that would stand up to the weather?

Sponsored Links
Funnily enough, if I'd wanted to have used screws I wouldn't have asked about glues.... :rolleyes:

I've had some success with the "sticks like " stuff, nothings fell apart as yet although I don't know what the lifespan is claimed to be.

Sponsored Links
i go for a belt and braces approach no nails/sticks like poo then finnished with clear or white silicon remembering to leave a small gap central underneath

Funnily enough, if I'd wanted to have used screws I wouldn't have asked about glues.... :rolleyes:
It was meant to be a lightered comment but THANKS anyway for the rollies. Many “glues” won’t stand the test of time in an external environment especially with wood; but I sincerely hope it works for you ;)

I stuck a heavy slate nameplate to my bungalow using EVO-STIK ,this was the old petroleum based product, I don't know if the current water based formular would work.

Wotan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back