Wood post removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a wooden post protruding from a grassy area in my garden. The wood is quite thick and very sturdy. I wish to remove it in an easy manner, without leaving a hole in the ground. I was thinking of just cutting it to a reasonable level.

What would be the easiest way to cut this?

Is there anyway I can drill holes in and inserting a chemical to start decaying it?

Any other methods?

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
It will become a nuisance eventually.....why not get rid of it by knocking it to and fro with a sledge hammer to loosen it, and then pull it out. Fill the hole up with soil, compact it down and it'll be gone in no time.
John :)

naz85, hi

I have just "removed" two fence posts, my ones were concreted in using post mix, they had been in the ground for about 4 years.

I simply had to push the post in one direction quite hard and it snapped at just below ground level, clean break and all below ground level.

What happens is that the timber post is attacked at ground level by all sorts of rot, the post becomes weak and prone to shearing at ground level.

Worth a try?

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for the suggestions, i think i will try shifting it rather than cutting. If it snaps then great!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back