House in France under Renovation Part 2

Sponsored Links
Looks good what you are achieving.
I bought a flat in SW France and brought out a UK plastere who couldn't manage to work with French plaster. I ended up doing it myself. I used a very fast drying Grey bas plaster-the elctrician was using it. So long as you kept it wet and worked quickly it was great. However never found a finish plaster/top coat. I ended up using base on its own for repairs and even larger areas but used board to do ceilings and jointing. Did the whole place up on my own in the end (www.frenchflat.co.uk)
Out of interest and for future reference what plaster did you use?
My French experience started the bug for me and have now bought 2 palces in UK and am in a frenzy!
Good luck!
Also bought 3 marble firplaces last weeek in Calais: £400 euro only! Wife bought them back and we will install. (Actually we have to go back and pick 2 more up as wasn't room in the car) £1000 each in UK!

Sponsored Links
RH

I can get 0-2 mm bagged sand from my merchant (Samse) and although they are a SE-based co, I would have thought it would be available elsewhere. I know that Point P only offer 0-4.

What size do you sieve to ?

How many m2 is your house ?

what a wonderful project, best of luck, must be a massive learning curve in another country, even one so close to ours

Apart from the change of use RH, you need an architect's sign-off when you create more than 180 m2 of new living-space.

My renovation will be about 200 m2 but there was 45 m2 of old existing habitable-space so I didn't need to do that.

In any case my technician said that she regularly worked with an architect who would sign-off for E 250 or similar.

It's under 1,8 m that it doesn't count as habitable for all purposes inc tax and speaking of which, if that;s going to be a second-home, I would expect your charges to be stratospheric.

Have you been hit for the first or second installments of the one-off infrastructure charges - TLE, TSE and another one ? Normally 50% due 18 months after PP granted and last 50% after 36 months.

When are you coming back to re-start ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back