£115 sound fair...

Sponsored Links
I've not really got an idea, but from guessing apart, its not completely left of stage.

The fan could cost you £80 or more, so £115 is a bargain :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Job's being done tomorrow so I'll report back on whether it's a good deal or not! Thanks for the replies, guys.
Of course, it's my diagnosis of a knackered fan so we'll see if I'm right. Very noisy, runs for a while then judders to a halt, a blast of WD40 gets it going again for another couple of hours... sounds like a dodgy fan...right?

From partscenter:
Selected Product: 424862

Description BAXI 229421 FAN ASSY WFFB1701-0171
SOLO 2 PF 30,40,50,60 364964

Retail Price
(Excluding VAT and quantity discounts) £128.39

Diagnosis is good.

British gas get them going again with a spray like you, to save them buying a new one under the terms of their contract. Only when the spray eventually fails do they put the part in.

I only spray them until the new part arrives from Preston.

Paul Barker said:
Diagnosis is good.

British gas get them going again with a spray like you, to save them buying a new one under the terms of their contract. Only when the spray eventually fails do they put the part in.

I only spray them until the new part arrives from Preston.

Used to but hasn't been available for a few months due to the propellant.....waste of time really as it only tends to work for a couple of weeks which causes it to come back as a recall. It's easier just to replace the fan rather than risk the job coming back in.

If this is the genuine manufacturer's part then I dont see how he can do it at that price.

Make sure it comes in the original box and has the right labels!

Perhaps he is really a BG engineer working on the side using BG parts off his van? ( In which case he is not CORGI registered for work on the side ).

Tony

PS For those who dont believe this happens, a friend with a nicely sign written van is constantly getting stopped by other vans offering "cheap spare parts".

Agile how hard is it to go through life being absolutely perfect always declaring every penny you earn to the tax man never buying anything that may not be 100% legite and doing every job so perfect an exactly by the book. As the guy said 2000 years ago let them within sin cast the first stone .

'tis being done through a friend of a friend, but he's a Corgi registered spannerman, so if it goes again I'll send Big Jock and his mates round to have a word...

Ok, repairs completed. Part was in a sealed Baxi box, fitted in 15 minutes, all systems go. A job well done. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back