10mm or 6mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys

Does anyone have any preferences to using 10mm as oppose to 6mm, I always used to rewire in 6mm for showers and cookers (depending on cable run etc!), just wanted to know if you have all moved from 6mm and wired in 10mm with the introduction of larger hobs, showers etc

Sponsored Links
We did for showers about 8 or 9 years ago!

Cookers only recently, but usually get a spec before we install, as these days a hob and oven can be treated as TWO appliances/circuits due to their loadings!

I allways run 10mm shower supplys.
I wire Cookers sometimes with 6mm if its going to supply just a hob but normally 10mm if it's a full electric cooker, but depends on the loadings.

Sponsored Links
ta guys, most house i do now have gas hobs so just use 6mm for the oven, but i am doing a house at the moment that has an old free standing cooker so ill be using 10mm for that, may as well run the shower cable in 10mm as well then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back