12 degree roof pitch - cambrian slate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi roofers!

I have designed a roof that needs a pitch of 12 degrees. It is for a lean-to extension and with the first floor window and depth of extension, 12 degrees is all i can get. I have attached (i think) a sketch of the detail, and i was wondering if anyone has designed/constructed a roof as low as 12 degrees and whether tye have any comments on the attached sketch detail...

Thanks very much

123000_122642_68057_67622131_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When you copy & paste the album code you need to use the DIYnot BBCode rather than the external one.

I'll let the roofers comment on the tiles, the Velux & its flashing will struggle in that pitch, Velux’s only go down to 15° unless I’m mistaken.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, i have been looking more closely at the detail and am going to change it! Raise the pitch to 15 degrees and include a section of flat roof beneath the first floor window. Thanks for your time and trouble though.

Eddy

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this is how i did the image...

clicked the 'Img' button above dialogue box
clicked 'show my images'
dragged the image into the dialogue box
clicked 'Img' button again

Is this not correct?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Your eaves detail will look horrendous without a soffit overhang. I would suggest you revise this detail.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Zinc, copper or stainless steel standing seam. These can go down to a pitch of 3 degrees so 12 isn't a problem. We have details to help with the installation of velux roof lights as well. Would you be interested in a quote?

Sponsored Links