15mm pipe to 10mm in CH ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cowboy that used to own the house before I did, installed his own Central Heating system.

Most of the radiator valaves have leaked and turned green with oxidisation and the pipework in general is atrocious. I know how to hang and install a radiator but....

I don't why he has used 10mm pipe in some rooms instead of 15mm - Is it to force a faster flow or something ?

I really want to scrap the 10mm and replace it with 15mm for a neat looking job, but I'm not sure if it will affect the flow. My other project is to replace all the single convector radiators with double convector rads. Will this affect things as well ?

Any advice would be appreciated

[Edited by UnoHoncho on 10-01-2003 at 21:19 PM GMT]

Sponsored Links
i am not a plumber or heating engineer but i presume 10 mm pipe was used for one of two reasons.
1) it was the only pipe that fell off the back of a lorry

2) Since 10mm pipe usually comes as a roll (coil) it would have been easier to install (no joints etc)

I did post a link but the forum administrator removed it

[Edited by breezer on 12-01-2003 at 8:14 AM GMT]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back