2.8kw Electric single oven installation help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We have bought a electric single oven 2.8kw. i just wanted to check that this would be ok to use with a normal plug/socket as it is only 2.8kw. The reason i ask is that it hasn't come with a wire/plug and the manual says that it should be wired to a dual pole cooker control box. though i thought that a 2.8kw would be fine with a plug.

its a Beko B61GHFX

any help much appreciated

G&A

Sponsored Links
The rules say that an oven drawing less than 13A may be connected into a final ring cct rather than be connected to a separate cct. You're oven works out at just under 13A - I certainly wouldn't want to put anything more powerful on a normal socket.. That said, all appliances should be used and connected iaw the manufacturers instructions, what does the manual say?

is 2.8kw the obsolute total wattage for the appliance? or is this just the oven heater, and there is another element - the grill - which could be used at the same time?

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for your replies

i think that 2.8kw is the total as its just a single oven, can't have the grill option on at the same time or anything like that and the hob is completely seperate.

Thanks for your help!

G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back