2 gang switch with 1 gang 2 way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help :oops:
My other half decided to replace the white plugs and sockets in the conservatory with polished brass, every thing went well till she came to the double switch and 2 fused connection switch for the ceiling light, light and fan and roof vent.

The origional double light swith was removed and the new brass one put on, this is when she discoverd that the back boxes are too close and the replacement ones will not fit.

Off came the switch, on went the old one, now comes the problem the wires have been put back in the wrong way and she can't remember which way round they went.

I have tried to do it my self but can't get it right.

From the 1 gang 2 way there is the earth connected to the back box, a brown common, one grey wire to the one way connection and a black one to the 2 way connection.

on the 2 gang we have all the earths connected to the back box, all the blue wires connected together via a single block connector then the brown common from the 1 gang 2 way, the black and the grey, plus three more brown wires which come from the ceiling light, the ceiling fan and the fused connection switch.

The 2 gang switch has 2 common connections, two 1 way connections and one 2 way connection, there is also a small piece of brown wire which was used to bridge one switch connection to the other.

HELP

Sponsored Links
I am guesing this conservatory is fairly new (post april 2004) due to the colours in the cable?

The diagram below shows how I understand it should be

conservatory.jpg

Don't forget the brown sleeving on the ends of the black & grey wires...

Sponsored Links
It is still on, didn't take it off in the first place, but thanks anyway. :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back