2 piece WC...splits horizontally. Anyone familiar?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wondered if anybody might haver seen this type of loo. Sorry but I do not have a picture. The basin is made of plastic and is in two pieces, an upper and lower half. The bottom half is screwed to the floor and the upper half sits on top. There is a plastic gasket between these halves

The problem is that there is some lateral (slightly rotational) movement between top and bottom halves when the user is in the seated position :) . There are no pins between the two halves to prevent such movement so I am guessing that the original adhesive has ceased to be effective. Any ideas as to what I can do to make the parts fit more securely? Is there any special adhesive required on this plastic material?

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
sounds like it was made for a trailer.usa. speak :LOL: ..Neutral Curing Silicone is the stuff that`ll stick to plastic....Sanitary silicone won`t..

Nige F said:
sounds like it was made for a trailer.usa. speak :LOL: ..Neutral Curing Silicone is the stuff that`ll stick to plastic....Sanitary silicone won`t..

It cetainly does, Nige ;) . Evidently the installation of these types of loos was mandatory in these council properties; inexplicable as to why, though. Thanks for the advice re NCS. ;)

Sponsored Links
Sorry to raise this matter again but I have got hold of a tube of this natural curing silicone, it's Dow Corning 794 (Plastic & Glass silicone sealant). My concern is that it specifies in its benefits a "Joint movement capability +/-50%". As I am trying to eliminate any movement betweene the two halves of the loo is this really the best stuff to use?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back