2001 mondeo hANDBRAKE

Sponsored Links
Could be either!

The only way you are going to find out is get down and dirty.

A seized cable will need replacing as it's not worth the effort trying to free it.

Seized caliper can be freed off, use a caliper repair kit if available, new seals etc.

Sponsored Links
Hello WB it could be either that is causing your problem, I suggest that you remove the wheel from the offending brake and get somebody to work the handbrake, if the cable appears to be free then the caliper may be seized. It could be just the operating lever thats seized and may free off with some penetrating oil.
regards johnwr

I seem to remember my 2001 mondeo being recalled for a modification to the handbrake, this was to do with them failing. Worthwhile checking with ford to see if yours was done, they may do it for free.

thanks for all your help,it was a sticking caliper ,which released quite easily,also a sticking cable which released with a bit of effort ,but car passed the mot ,very common problem according to the mot guy so once again i thank you
cheers walter baggie

ford will do it for free i think.give them your reg number and theyll tell you if its been done.

Sponsored Links
Back