2001 mondeo mk3 3 button remote (lock button inoperative)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all new to forum hoping someone has any suggestions?? i have a mk3 ford mondeo 2.5 ghia x and everything works fine on the car except the lock button on key fob (3 button one) it locks and deadlocks manually with key and alarm works and indicators flash on deadlock really frustrating new battery in fob and done all the reprogramming on key but can i note that the lock button makes no sound when programmed and no noise can be heard when pressing lock button anyone any ideas please? i fel it may be the actual key fob itself possibly? cheers in advance guys.

Sponsored Links
if the other buttons work ok then its the remote thats had it. pretty common on these. new remote in region of 50 quid, but it will need coded to the immobilisor and locks. locks easy to code, immobilisor requires connection to wds2000 at the local main stealer. (or well equipped independent, like me :LOL: )

thanks for that m8 was beginning to think this might cost a small fortune ive purchased a key fob off ebay for £25 so will start there once recieved
thanks again davieboy.

Sorry for the hijack, but how do you deadlock with the key? Normally to deadlock you press the button twice . . . how do you do it with the key?

Sponsored Links
On the old fords you used to turn the key to unlock then to lock. Don't know about modern ones, can't remember the last time I used the key to open the door :LOL:
Only discovered there is a keyhole for the boot the other day on the mondeo estate!!

Crafty said:
Sorry for the hijack, but how do you deadlock with the key? Normally to deadlock you press the button twice . . . how do you do it with the key?

hi turn key to lock then clockwise to anticlockwise again.

have you got a spare key?? if you have 2 working (with regards to immobilisor) keys, then you can program your new fob to the pats module with these. just ask and i'll tell you how. only works if you have a spare working key.

davieboy said:
have you got a spare key?? if you have 2 working (with regards to immobilisor) keys, then you can program your new fob to the pats module with these. just ask and i'll tell you how. only works if you have a spare working key.

hi all sorted i received my key today from ebay lol and programmed it accordingly then transferred all internals to my original 3 button key in order to keep my existing immobilizer. bobs your uncle. cheers. ps must say the mk3 2.5 ghia x drives better than my dads s type lol.

needs resetting.google mirez .its on there i think(instructions)..good luck.mine was same ;)

Sponsored Links
Back