2003 Corsa - Indicator Relay?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've developed a "slow" indicator on my left hand side (front and rear) i'm assuming this is most likely to be a problem with the relay. (Assuming one relay works for one side)

However when i look in my manual, it doesn't tell me the location for this relay. :eek:

Can anyone help please? I need to know the location of the relay / flasher unit that controls the left hand side? :?:

All answers (on a postcard) gratefully received....

Ta....

Stu

Sponsored Links
No postcards to hand so..........
turn the hazzards on an have a listen for it, probably around the fusebox area

Will it be one relay / flasher for each side, or one for all four indicators?

If one for all four, then i'm confused, as the problem only affects the left hand side (front and rear)

????

Sponsored Links
Diyisfun said:
I would expect 1 relay, maybe a bulb/wiring fault

I've checked the bulb, it's fine, guess thats why i was going down the route of thinking a relay fault....

any other suggestions anyone?

You have 2 relays for the indicators(1 for left side, 1 for right). Location is engine bay( No.2 box ). Relay No.15 for left, 16 for right.

;)

jonnyfishing said:
You have 2 relays for the indicators(1 for left side, 1 for right). Location is engine bay( No.2 box ). Relay No.15 for left, 16 for right.

;)

Awesome, thanks Jonny... i'll check that out and post the results... certainly fits with the problem though... nice one. :D

jonnyfishing said:

;)

OK, so it's stupid ass question time now... i've looked in (what i think is) No.2 box in the engine bay, and looked for relay 15 & 16. I'm assuming that I have to remove the relay, and the number is cast into the plastic under the relay, by the female receiving holes?

If this is right, No.15 and No.16 are totally different, one is a great big yellow thing, and the other is half the size and black?

I'd have assumed that the two would be the same as they do the same job, just on opposite sides?

Am i being a muppet, or should they be different in the way described above?

Or am I looking for the numbers (15 and 16) in totally the wrong way/place?

Help...... :cry:

I guess you are looking in No.1 box(n/s/f inner wing) No.2 should be located on the n/s bulkhead next to the battery.The relays are the same size,to double check,turn on the o/s indicator or the hazards and feel/listen for the clicking.

;)

I have a similiar problem, so it seems a common thing , my right indicator sometimes flashes faster as if a bulb is blown but I have checked all bulbs and connections

opened the box to check relays. the indicator relay on the 54 plate corsa is the first relay you see, there is only one relay for both turn indicators.Changed that and the indicators are fine now. Thank you for the help.

how do you get into the box?

WAs there ever an answer to this one. I am trying to change the relay on my corsa 54 but cannot seem to get the top off the box. Can anyone shed some light on it for me I am sure there is probably a simple answer.

Screws are awkward to get to. If My memory is ok there are four or five torx screws to be undone. two are hiddem at the back of the box near the bulkhead and two are easier to get to at the side of the box. Thelid is a tight fit to lift off

Sponsored Links
Back