240v Halogens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi bought some 240v hologens that came with the most basic instructions, how do you fit the spring clips to them? The diagram is no more than a pencil drawing that tells me nothing. Realise it's probably simple but want to do it right.

Sponsored Links
When its being pushed up, the long bits point upwards.

The short bits point out to the sides, so they catch the bottom of the ceiling as you push up.

The short bits are pushed down against the fitting, by the ceiling. So the long bits snap back against the back of the board and the short bits come to rest pushing against the sides of the lamp.

And if they have a strong spring be careful not to break the plasterboard around the edge of the hole( or your fingers!!)

Hi Thanks for replying but what i'm asking is how do you fit the springs to the fitting? They came in a separate bag. Once I know how to do one, the rest will follow.

Sponsored Links
Oh, you'll go a long way with an attitude like that. :rolleyes:

If you can't work out this simple operation I very much doubt you'll have a cat in hell's chance of getting the dangerous part right.

Please put the tools away now, before somebody gets hurt, and call in a professional.

me thinks the sparks have had bad days.

on the fitting, there are 2 "lugs", one at each side. You ought to be able to see where the "hings" of the spring attaches. You usually have to press the sides of the spring together, and let it expand inside the lug, so the "hinge" slots onto the inside of the lug. Dont forget the correct orientation of the spring when doing this!

Come on dingbat can't you remember the first time you tried to put one of those bl***y things together? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back