24v myson ufh with nest thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys have 24v myson ufh manifold system set up with 2 zone with actuators. I want to control the zones with nest thermostats I have a cat 5 at the thermostat so that sides all good but I want to know what I need to run from the nest junction box to the manifold. Can anyone help? Cheers

Attachments

• 24V Wiring Instructions.pdf
    159.3 KB · Views: 99
Sponsored Links

CBW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So you’ll need to pick up the permanent live and neutral supplies, 2 and 3 at Nest heatlink(s) to the live and switched at mpe222 and the 12v from room thermostat to the terminal strip.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So you’ll need to pick up the permanent live and neutral supplies, 2 and 3 at Nest heatlink(s) to the live and switched at mpe222 and the 12v from room thermostat to the terminal strip.
Hi Chris sorry I attached wrong wiring diagram this is thr one?

Sponsored Links

CBW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, not 100% on this, but you definitely need the permanent live an Neutral supplies for the heatlink to power up, then live and switched 24v to 2 and 3 on Nest, then either 2 core wire from nest stat to heatlink or use usb cable.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, not 100% on this, but you definitely need the permanent live an Neutral supplies for the heatlink to power up, then live and switched 24v to 2 and 3 on Nest, then either 2 core wire from nest stat to heatlink or use usb cable.
Thanks man that's what I was thinking so I'll give it a go with one and see

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Hi Niall and Chris, I have the exact same situation at home. But just to confirm from your post: you don't connect the Neutral from the UFH Junction Box?

I attached a pdf with the suggested wire diagram.

Cheers,

Eric

Attachments

• UHF Nest.pdf
    76.1 KB · Views: 42

CBW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry Eric, I’m confused, I haven’t said don’t use the neutral from the junction box?

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Sorry Eric, I’m confused, I haven’t said don’t use the neutral from the junction box?

Hi Chris, it was because I only read '...then live and switched 24v to 2 and 3 on Nest...' so I was wondering where to connect the third wire :)

I currently have three connections between my thermostat and wiring centre:

L(24v)
N(0v)
L Switch

So I assume I need to connect those 3 to the new Heat link.

L(24v) --> 2
N(0v) --> ?
L Switch --> 3

there are a lot of posts online about connecting a Heat link with a wiring centre, but it is all based on a 230V main connection instead of a 24V system.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links